September 2008
« Aug   Oct »
15161718192021

Celebrating – Third Prize – Bowers Museum Invitational Art Show 2008

September 22nd, 2008

So this was the result of last weekend’s art show at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana. This was the first invitational museum show I’ve participated in, and I was thrilled to learn that I received one of the top prizes for “Sunset Magic.” Now, I’m hoping that it will find a good home soon. The next time I’ll be showing it will be at the Pasadena Artwalk on October 11, across from the Pasadena Playhouse on El Molino Avenue between Colorado Blvd. and Green Street. Full details are on my website events page.

Selling one of my Tuscany-inspired paintings to a delightful new bride who is decorating her home (Hi Sandra!) was the frosting on the weekend cake.

Now, I’ve got to catch up on my correspondence and head back to the easel! Look for more work here very soon. Like tomorrow, probably.

nodp

1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Both on the prize and the sale, good luck at the Pasadena artwalk.

Comment by Anita — September 22, 2008 @ 3:55 pm
  2. Well done Karen!

Comment by Katherine Tyrrell — September 22, 2008 @ 3:55 pm
  3. Congratulations – and so nice to meet you in your photo. Would’nt it be nice if we regularly had faces to match with names for EDM members?
    Shirley

Comment by Shirley — September 22, 2008 @ 4:19 pm
  4. Whoo-hoo! Congratulations! Well-deserved! Beautiful painting!

I’m impressed with how you find the time to paint with so much going on.

Comment by Jenny — September 22, 2008 @ 4:28 pm
  5. Congratulations on both your much deserved award and the sale! May you enjoy many more of both.

Comment by MaryO — September 22, 2008 @ 6:02 pm
  6. Congratulations Karen! That’s awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Lydia Velarde — September 22, 2008 @ 8:47 pm
  7. Congratulations! Well done and well deserved.

Comment by Barbara Weeks — September 23, 2008 @ 6:39 am
  8. WAHOO!!! Congratulations, girl…I can’t believe your meteoric success, but yes, you’ve earned every bit. Hard work DOES pay off!

Comment by Cathy (Kate) Johnson — September 23, 2008 @ 7:07 am
  9. Congratulations Karen! Your art work is FANTASTIC! I have enjoyed seeing all your posts! This piece sure deserved to win!!!

Good luck on the sales..and keep painting! With all the great work you are turning out, you are going to be dubbed the 21st Century Van Gogh!

Comment by Nancy Patterson — September 23, 2008 @ 8:39 am
  10. Karen- Congratulations- this landscape is well done,as are the others.
    one gets the feeling that you want to, walk on into your paintings
    Happy Brushing– pete

Comment by theartbrush — September 23, 2008 @ 10:34 am
  11. Good to see. Congratulations! Day by day, hard work, is the key.
    Again, you’re on your way.
    Bill

Comment by Bill — September 23, 2008 @ 11:51 am
  12. Wonderful NEWS!! Not surprising that you won a prize AND sold a painting, however… Your work is lovely.
    I know, however, that it is gratifying to have peers and others recognize the work you do… so way to go, Karen!

Comment by Marian Fortunati — September 23, 2008 @ 2:44 pm
  13. CONGRATULATIONS- and it is a richly deserved award :) You have definitely earned it!!

Comment by Rachel — September 23, 2008 @ 3:04 pm
  14. Way to go, Karen!!!!!!!!

Comment by Tami — September 24, 2008 @ 6:27 am
  15. Congratulations. I think you deserve a prize for preserving how California looks before it gets all covered up with buildings!!

Comment by Timaree (freebird) — September 24, 2008 @ 4:06 pm
  16. how wonderful for you –you are a great artist and inspiration for us all thanks for all you do for EDM — I am sure this kind of validation is just the best -way to go !

Comment by Kathleen — September 25, 2008 @ 7:44 pm
  17. Congratulations Karen. I enjoyed finally getting back to your blog and seeing all the beautiful work you’ve been doing. It was nice seeing your beautiful self too in this photo.

Comment by Jana Bouc — September 25, 2008 @ 9:11 pm