December 2007
« Nov   Jan »
17181920212223

Winter Peace

December 27th, 2007

Winter Peace – 12 x 16 oil on canvas
SOLD

On a day like this, with new evidence of the world’s continuing strife and disharmony, I’m posting this recent painting with a wish for peace and harmony in the coming year. My rational side knows that such a wish is unlikely to be fulfilled anytime soon, but the alternative is resignation to despair. And I’m not ready to take that curmudgeonly step.

In the next few days I’ll post a brief retrospective of my art year, looking back on 2007 goals and setting some new ones for the future.

1. Karen, this a beautiful painting! I love the serenity in it and it’s perfect for your New Year wishes.

My wish for you also, is a New Year filled with art challenges, Peace, Health and Happiness.

Bonny

Comment by Bonny in BC — December 27, 2007 @ 12:51 pm
  2. Karen,
    This one is grand :-)
    I can see why it sold.
    It’s a very peaceful scene.
    People have a hard time finding these sorts of places now.
    I think they turn to art to get there.
    Very, very nice. :-)

Comment by Don West — December 27, 2007 @ 3:32 pm
  3. Peace – what a gift it would be if we all practiced it. Lovely picture. Hoorah for artists and composers and writers who think on these things.
    w.

Comment by wendy — December 27, 2007 @ 5:26 pm
  4. Very appealing… (and amazing to me, a California native, knowing that there isn’t much snow around you!). I completely recommend Katie Byron’s Challenge Your Thinking, Change the World for comfort and revival of optimism. It probably isn’t to everyone’s taste (and I don’t get anything for mentioning it)… but it helped me through the death of a dear friend, sadnesses suffered by my children, and the frustrations I’ve been feeling about world politics. Warm regard.

Comment by PainterWoman — December 27, 2007 @ 5:30 pm
  5. Beautiful painting, Karen.
    I like the bold color temperature contrasts and the way the icy cold snow still gives me a shivery feeling. And that pink foliage (or is it persimmon?) to the right says you put some thought into your color variety, or was it intuitiion!

Comment by Bill — December 28, 2007 @ 12:08 am
  6. Dear Karen,

I am enjoying your series of winter landscapes very much.
    The autumn scene “La Canada” was great, too.
    Have a Happy New Year!
    Liza

Comment by liza hirst — December 28, 2007 @ 2:11 am
  7. Beautiful – cold and warm at the same time!

Comment by Katherine — December 28, 2007 @ 3:24 am
  8. Wonderful scene! Love the composition and the color contrast. I also try to concentrate on the things that I want, especially peace. I might not change the world, but at least I feel peaceful.

Comment by Ella — December 28, 2007 @ 3:36 am
  9. what a beautiful painting…just wonderful

Comment by rhonda hurwitz — December 28, 2007 @ 9:05 am
  10. Karen, I really like this, too. A perfect way to start off our year. Thank you, and wishing you the best as well.

Comment by Jo Castillo — December 28, 2007 @ 9:48 pm