August 2007
« Jul   Sep »
20212223242526

• annie: I so love those threes of yours, Karen. They just take my heart

Cherry Reflections – Daily Painting

August 6th, 2007

“Cherry Reflections” – 8 x 10 oil on canvas –

Here’s a detail of the painting. Actual size of this cherry is about 1 3/4″ across. Click to enlarge.

1. You paint beautifully. I love cherries!

Comment by elizabeth — August 6, 2007 @ 6:57 pm
  2. Yummm I love cherries! I think you have the right amount of brushwork and details here and it’s an interesting composition by being fairly close up.
    w.

Comment by wendy — August 6, 2007 @ 8:42 pm
  3. exquisite cherries! Very nicely done…so rich!

Comment by studio lolo — August 6, 2007 @ 9:30 pm
  4. I think this is lovely…love your more impressionistic ones too, but this seem just right for your subject.

Comment by joyce — August 6, 2007 @ 10:29 pm
  5. Fabulous! I love the warm rich colors of this – such a nice change from the blue you always seem to see paired with cherries. And your paint handling is perfect for the subject – the thick over thin gives it an added dimension that is really nice.

(I apologize is this posts more than once – it doesn’t seem to be submitting, but then you know how that works! Later I’ll find out it posted 12 times!)

Comment by juj — August 7, 2007 @ 7:25 am
  6. Aha! Brilliant. The details are amazing. Gosh this is good.

Comment by andrea — August 7, 2007 @ 9:14 am
  7. Beautiful work, Karen! You did such a wonderful job capturing the refelction in the copper surface. And what a wonderful find at the garage sale!

Comment by carla — August 7, 2007 @ 10:07 am
  8. lush, yummy cherries!

Comment by Ronni — August 7, 2007 @ 11:04 am
  9. Hi Karen

I’m getting back from a long break and wow you sure have grown in your art leaps and bounds. I’m amazed at your oils. They look like you are enjoying them. Beautiful copper reflections.

Comment by toni — August 8, 2007 @ 5:35 am
  10. This is wonderful, Karen, the reflections in the bowl are amazing and the missing cherry idea is superb!

Comment by Mariana — August 8, 2007 @ 3:57 pm
  11. I would see a tarnished copper bowl. An artist sees potential. It’s lovely.

As for the missing cherry, perhaps the speed of light is not as fast as we think. A naughty little boy stole the cherry before its reflection could be caught in the bowl!

Comment by Diane — August 12, 2007 @ 6:43 am
  12. You always do spectacular work, Karen. This is no exception. What a great idea for the IF theme! And the painting itself is simply gorgeous!

Comment by Sherie — August 19, 2007 @ 4:49 pm