July 2007
« Jun   Aug »
16171819202122

Beside still waters

July 26th, 2007

“Beside Still Waters” – 12″ x 16″ – oil on canvas

Inspired by the 23rd Psalm, this painting of a row of eucalyptuses and deciduous trees beside still waters was an experiment using a more colorist approach than I have attempted in the past. It’s a potential new direction for me. What do you think?

22 Comments

1. What do I think? I think it is outstanding! Exceptional! Fabulous! I love it, I think your new direction is wonderful–keep it up!!

Comment by Kathleen — July 26, 2007 @ 4:33 am
  2. I love it! It’s one of your most appealing pieces yet. If you feel drawn in this direction I’d run towards it, arms open wide.

Comment by Nancy Bea — July 26, 2007 @ 5:15 pm
  3. I agree with Kathleen and Nancy Bea, it has great appeal and charm. I always love what you do with sky and water and space.
    It will be fun to follow where this is taking you.

Comment by Annie — July 26, 2007 @ 6:57 pm
  4. I love color and this is just fantastic. Will be interested to see your new path and how it develops. Thanks for sharing.

Jo

Comment by Jo Castillo — July 26, 2007 @ 9:26 pm
  5. It’s good to associate a painting with a title that is more than just a placename, but sometimes artists go over the top with titles that really sound poncy, highfaluting, or literary lines but this one fits well. Beside still waters gives us enough associatons to to think about.

Comment by wendy — July 27, 2007 @ 3:08 am
  6. How BEAUTIFUL! I have just started a new Yahoo! Group called Art in the Word. It is a group for Christian artists of all mediums and has a weekly challenge to create a piece based on scripture or a Christian theme. Our first challenge is Psalm 23:2!!! Your painting captures this verse so beautifully. I would like to invite you to join this talented group of women. You can check out our site here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artintheword/

Blessings,
    Lennea

Comment by Lennea Truesdell — July 27, 2007 @ 6:19 am
  7. Oh, Oh, Oh,!!! This is STUNNING! I love the colors in it! How many ways can I say, “BEAUTIFUL” ?

Comment by Tami — July 27, 2007 @ 7:34 am
  8. Karen, I love it. The colors are excellent.

I also LOVE the City Hall – one of my favorite spots. Congrats on the Brand Library show.

Comment by Creekhiker — July 27, 2007 @ 12:18 pm
  9. Your work is becoming more beautiful and more interesting, though I thought it was beautiful and interesting before.

Comment by Jenny — July 29, 2007 @ 10:35 am
  10. To echo many others, I love it! I would love to see more experiments in this vein.

Well done on your many achievements these last few days. Well deserved, and beautiful paintings. I love the colour on the town hall (was it a town hall? – the building) and I also like the clouds/mist in the hills on the painting below it that you sold to the same collector. Lucky buyer!

Comment by carole — July 29, 2007 @ 1:16 pm
  11. yes yes yes!!! I LOVE the color in this — it is fantastic!

Comment by Linda — July 29, 2007 @ 5:10 pm
  12. I’m with all the rest – this is beautiful! Especially the colours!

Comment by carra — July 30, 2007 @ 2:45 pm
  13. Beautfiul work!! I love the colours you have used and I think you should definitely experiment further wtih this style.

Comment by Bee — July 30, 2007 @ 4:00 pm
  14. gorgeous piece!!!

Comment by melanie — July 30, 2007 @ 7:23 pm
  15. Wow, really gorgeous. You are such a confidant painter… it shows!

Comment by Lea — July 30, 2007 @ 8:00 pm
  16. I love the glow of the sky in this piece. Wonderful.

Comment by Crafty Green Poet — July 31, 2007 @ 3:55 am
  17. I think it’s just beautiful and a direction you should take.

Comment by miriam — July 31, 2007 @ 5:04 am
  18. Spectacular!

Comment by Royce — July 31, 2007 @ 12:05 pm
  19. This is a stunning piece! You do beautiful work!

Comment by Cheryl B — July 31, 2007 @ 9:22 pm
  20. Not only is this really lovely but I have always had a respect for people who can paint well with oils!

Comment by titration — August 1, 2007 @ 6:45 am
  21. LOVE this!! Well done. I really like the strong shapes and colours. Its so confident and really makes a statement.

Comment by Laura — August 2, 2007 @ 1:57 pm
  22. You should definitely be doing more work like this – you’ve both seen and handled the colour really well.

Comment by Katherine — August 3, 2007 @ 11:06 am

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.